Can a kindergarten teacher teach elementary school?
Experts believe that a kindergarten teacher is not qualified to teach primary school. This is because the two educational levels are not comparable and require different approaches.
Who can teach elementary school?
In Spain, the Graduate Title in Primary Education is the official title that qualifies for the exercise of teaching in the field of early childhood education and primary education . It is a university degree , official and valid throughout the national territory, which is taken at public and private universities .
To obtain the Bachelor's Degree in Primary Education it is necessary to pass a total of 240 ECTS credits , spread over six academic years . At present, the study plan of this Degree in Primary Education has been unified throughout Spain , so the degree obtained is valid throughout the national territory.
However, in order to access initial teacher training, it is necessary to pass a selection process and obtain the Graduate Certificate in Secondary Education , since the number of places offered in universities is limited.
To opt for the Bachelor's Degree in Primary Education, you can pass the selective process for access to the University (PAU), presenting the Bachelor's Degree or pass the University entrance exam for people over 25, 45 or 65 years of age. years .
In any case, in order to access either of these two exams, it is necessary to have passed the Intermediate Training Cycle for Early Childhood Education or Primary Education .
Once the selection process has been passed, and the Bachelor's Degree in Primary Education has been obtained, the student will be able to take the Master's Degree in Primary Education , which is the title that qualifies for the exercise of teaching . This Master's Degree in Primary Education lasts one year and is divided into two semesters .
To obtain the Master's Degree in Primary Education it is necessary to pass a total of 60 ECTS credits . The Master's Degree in Primary Education is taken in person and consists of a total of
What does it take to be a kindergarten and primary school teacher?
To be a kindergarten and primary teacher you need:
- Have a university degree in Pedagogy, Teaching or Degree in Early Childhood or Primary Education.
- Be in possession of the certificate of pedagogical aptitude .
- Have passed the entrance exam to the teaching career .
- Take an initial 40-hour training course required for all new teachers.
- Comply with the regulations of the Junta de Andalucía regarding continuous pedagogical training (FPC), which establishes that teachers must carry out at least 10 hours of training per year.
- Have a suitable profile: teaching vocation, be creative, dynamic, organized and have a lot of patience .
Regarding the university degree , people interested in being a nursery and primary school teacher can study one of these careers:
- Teacher Training For Infant Education.
- Primary Education Teacher.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Degree in elementary education.
Once you have a university degree in any of these careers, you must pass the entrance exam to the teaching career . This exam is carried out jointly for all teaching careers and degrees in infant and primary education. The exam is divided into two parts:
- Knowledge test: consists of 80 multiple choice questions on the contents of the subjects of the degree.
- Aptitude test: this test is carried out in two sessions . In the first , numerical, verbal and abstract skills are assessed . In the second session, psychology, personality and reasoning tests are carried out .
To pass the entrance exam to the teaching career, you must obtain a minimum score of 5 points in the knowledge test and a minimum score of 3 points in the apt test.
What can educators do from the nursery school
Educators have a great responsibility in the care and education of children. We must make sure that children are safe, healthy, and learn everything they need to be successful in life.
There are many ways we can help children learn and grow. Below are some of the things we can do:
- Make sure children have a safe and clean place to play and learn.
- Offer a variety of activities for children to explore and learn.
- Talk to children and listen to their ideas and opinions.
- Work collaboratively with parents and caregivers to help children learn and grow.
- Be available to answer questions and help children when they are having difficulties.
What does it mean to be a kindergarten teacher?
Being a kindergarten teacher means having a great responsibility , since you are working with the youngest children in the school and they are the ones who are in a learning stage . It is important that the teacher is able to convey enthusiasm and motivation for learning, since in this way they will be more likely to learn . Another of the responsibilities that the infant teacher has is to take care of the children and ensure their safety . In this sense, it is important that the classroom is always clean and tidy, and that the teacher has a good relationship with the children and their families.
To be a kindergarten teacher, it is necessary to have a specific title , since it is a very important stage in the development of children. In addition, it is necessary to be patient , since children are not always able to understand everything that is explained to them. It is also important to be creative , as children learn best when things are presented in a fun and engaging way . Finally, it is necessary to have energy , since children are very active and require a teacher who is willing to play and run with them.
In general, a kindergarten teacher is not qualified to teach elementary school children . This is because teacher training programs are designed for students to acquire a broad base of knowledge in a variety of areas. Early childhood teachers, on the other hand, specialize in a specific area: the education of children in the classroom.
If you want to know other articles similar to Can a kindergarten teacher teach elementary school? you can visit the category Article.
Deja una respuesta