How to enroll in a college in another community
For a few years, the possibility of studying in another autonomous community different from the one of residence has been opened, thanks to the Organic Law 6/2001, of December 21, on Universities . At present, there are many young people who opt for this option, since it allows them to study the desired career at the public university that offers better studies and, at the same time, to live in a new city and get to know other ways of life.
But how can you study at a university in another community? In the first place, it must be taken into account that each autonomous community has its own regulations, so it is necessary to inform yourself correctly. However, we can give some tips to make the process easier:
When are the registrations for the university 2022
Most universities start their registrations for the year 2022 in mid-January. Registration can be done online through the university website or in person at the admissions office. It is important to confirm the application deadline, as universities often have different deadlines for international students and first-year students.
Some colleges offer scholarships and financial aid to students who enroll early. Scholarships and financial aid can be very helpful for students who cannot afford tuition or books. So if you're planning to apply for financial aid, make sure your application is submitted before the application deadline.
What to do if I have not entered the race?
After a lot of effort and dedication, you have applied to the university of your dreams but, unfortunately, you have not been taken in the career you wanted. Faced with this setback, it is important that you do not get discouraged and that you analyze the situation well to make the right decision. Below, we give you a series of tips that will help you overcome this bump and move on with your academic and professional life.
Tips for coping with academic failure
- Do not blame yourself. Accept that you have not been able to enter the race and analyze the objective reasons why you have been rejected. Don't beat yourself up unnecessarily and think that, in life, everything has a solution.
- Do not give up. If you have stayed at the doors of your dream, do not throw in the towel. There are other alternatives that may be just as satisfying for you. Find out about other careers and study the options you have.
- Do not stay without studying. If you finally decide that you are not going to apply for any more career, do not stay without studying. You can enroll in a training cycle or a master's degree to continue training and improve your chances of accessing the job market.
- Talk to your family and friends. In the face of failure, it is best to surround yourself with the people who love you the most and who will support you at all times. Talking about what is happening to you will help you overcome this bump with more calm and serenity.
- Follow your dreams. Even if you have not been able to study the career you wanted, that does not mean that you cannot continue working to achieve your goals. Don't get discouraged and keep fighting for what you like the most.
How are places assigned at the university?
The allocation of places in Spanish universities is done through a point system. The notes obtained in the Selectividad are scored and based on these points the places are assigned. Each university has established a number of places for each degree, and the number of points needed to obtain a place varies depending on the degree and the university. Thus, for example, to qualify for a place in Medicine at the University of Seville, around 250 points are needed, while to study the same degree at the University of Barcelona, around 300 points are needed.
To calculate the points needed to obtain a place at the university, three factors are taken into account: the average mark of the Selectividad, the number of places offered and the number of applications for admission. Thus, if a degree has an average admission grade of 8.5 and a number of places offered of 100, about 85 points will be needed to obtain a place. If the number of applications is 1,000, it will take about 850 points to get a place.
To find out the number of places offered by each university and career, as well as the average admission grade, you can consult the Official State Gazette . In the case of Architecture, Engineering and Bachelor's degrees, the number of places offered and the average admission grade vary depending on the chosen study itinerary.
What are the requirements to enter the university?
To enter the university, certain requirements are needed, these may vary depending on the type of university, the country or the area of study. Here are some of the most common college admission requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Take and pass an entrance exam, such as the SAT or ACT (in the United States)
- Meet the language requirements, if studying in another country
- Present the qualifications and/or the results of specific exams for the career that you want to study
- Conduct an interview with the admissions department of the university
Documentation needed to complete the admissions process typically includes a high school diploma or certificate of completion, grades and/or entrance exam results, motivation letter, and/or recommendation letter. Some colleges may also require a personal essay or interview.
In the case of wanting to enroll in a university in another autonomous community, the first thing to take into account is that it is a more complex process than enrolling in a university in the same autonomous community. The second thing is that, although the process is more complex, it is not impossible and with a little information and time it can be achieved.
If you want to know other articles similar to How to enroll in a college in another community you can visit the category University.
Deja una respuesta