Master in school library and reading promotion
The school library is an essential resource for improving educational quality. Its function is to contribute to the development of reading and the reading habit, as well as to the formation of the personality, critical thinking and the spirit of investigation of the students.
To do this, the librarian must be constantly updated and be aware of new trends in the field of reading and libraries. That is why the Master in School Library and Reading Promotion at the University of Valencia presents itself as a great opportunity for all those who want to specialize in this field.
The one-year master's degree is aimed at librarians, teachers, educators, library science students and education professionals interested in managing school libraries and promoting reading.
The program is made up of a total of 60 credits, divided into theoretical subjects, practices, seminars and master's thesis. The teachings are taught in blended mode, which makes it possible to reconcile training with working life.
At the end of the master's degree, students will obtain an official Master's degree issued by the University of Valencia and will be able to access the public function of librarian.
What objective pursues the promotion of reading in the school library?
- Promote the habit of reading
- Improve reading level
- Foster interest in literature
- Develop imagination and creativity
- improve vocabulary
- encourage critical thinking
How to promote a university library?
The university library is one of the fundamental pillars of higher education. It houses a wealth of knowledge and is open to all students of the university. However, many students don't know how to get the most out of the library or simply don't visit it often enough. Here are some ideas for promoting your university library and encouraging the use of this invaluable resource.
- Make the library visible
- Offers free tours
- Offers courses and workshops
- Make the library accessible
- Offer reading programs for all ages. Reading programs encourage people to read more and discover new books.
- Organize reading events in the library. Reading events may include talks, workshops, and panel discussions. They can also be opportunities for readers to meet and talk about books.
- Make the library a welcoming and friendly place. The decoration, the music and the comfort make people feel good in the library and want to spend more time there.
- Create a reading environment in the library. This means making all books and materials easily accessible and library spaces quiet and calm.
- Offer a variety of reading materials. Make sure the library has a variety of books, magazines, newspapers, audiovisual and digital materials. You can also offer materials in different formats, such as eBooks, CDs, and DVDs.
Make sure all students know where the library is and how they can access it. Place posters in strategic places around the university, such as at the main entrance, in the library building and in the classroom buildings. You can also include library information in new student orientation materials. If the library has a website, make sure it is well promoted and easy to find.
Organize free tours of the library so that students can see the place. Tours may include an introduction to library services, an explanation of how to use the online catalogs, and a demonstration of how to perform an advanced search. It is also helpful to show students how materials can be borrowed if they are not available in the library.
The library may offer courses and workshops to help students improve their research skills. These courses can teach students how to find and evaluate sources of information, how to cite sources, and how to use advanced search tools. You can also offer workshops on how to use the library's online resources, such as databases and e-zines.
Make sure the library is open during the hours students need to use it. Most university libraries are open 24 hours a day during class days, but some may have reduced hours during
How to encourage reading in the library?
The library is an ideal place to encourage reading. There are many ways to do this, but here are some ideas:
How to organize the books in the school library?
To organize the books in the school library, you can follow these steps:
- Label each book with the author's name and title. This helps students find a specific book and also makes the library appear more organized.
- Organize books by genre. Students can easily search for a book if they know what type of book they are looking for.
- Organize books by reading level. Students can easily search for a book that is right for their reading level.
- Make an index of library books. This helps students find a specific book and also makes the library appear more organized.
Organizing school library books in this way will help students find the book they need and will also keep the library tidy.
The master's degree in school library and reading promotion is a training course for librarian teachers , which is taught at the School of Library Science and Documentation of the Complutense University of Madrid. The objective of the course is to train librarian teachers in the management of school libraries , the promotion of reading and the encouragement of reading .
The course consists of three modules : the first focuses on the management of school libraries , the second on the promotion of reading and the third on the promotion of reading . Each module consists of a theoretical seminar and a practical workshop . The theoretical seminar is aimed at library professionals and the practical workshop is aimed at master librarians .
The master's degree in school library and reading promotion is a training course for librarian teachers in the management of school libraries , the promotion of reading and the encouragement of reading . The course consists of three modules : the first focuses on the management of school libraries , the second on the promotion of reading and the third on the promotion of reading . Each module consists of a theoretical seminar and a practical workshop . The theoretical seminar is aimed at library professionalsand the practical workshop is aimed at teacher librarians .
If you want to know other articles similar to Master in school library and reading promotion you can visit the category Article.
Deja una respuesta