What do you have to do to be a driving school teacher?
Being a driving school teacher is a profession that is in high demand. For this, a series of requirements are required and, once passed, the title of driving school teacher can be obtained, which is what qualifies for teaching motor vehicle driving.
To be a driving school teacher, you must be in possession of a class B driving licence, a mid-level academic qualification, specific training and a suitability accreditation. As for the academic degree, it is enough to have graduated in ESO, although you can also choose to study a vocational training cycle in the area of motor vehicle driving.
Once these requirements have been met, suitability must be accredited through a theoretical-practical test. This is an exam in which the candidate's theoretical knowledge and practical skills in driving a motor vehicle are assessed. Once this test is passed, you can obtain the title of driving school teacher, which enables you to teach driving motor vehicles.
What do you have to study to be a driving school teacher?
To be a driving school teacher, it is necessary to study a degree in driver education or in secondary education with a specialty in driver education. Likewise, specific training is required, which is granted by the Ministry of Education.
The degree in driver education lasts four years and is designed to train future driving school teachers in all aspects related to driving motor vehicles. Subjects such as driver psychology, road legislation, driver education, teaching techniques, etc. are studied.
The specific training for driving school teachers granted by the Ministry of Education lasts 40 hours and is made up of a theoretical and a practical part. In the theoretical part aspects related to the teaching of driving, driver psychology, road legislation, etc. are studied. In the practical part, future driving instructors learn practical teaching techniques, such as simulating driving situations in the classroom.
How long does it take to be a driving school teacher?
To be a driving school teacher you need:
- Have a Class B Driver's License or higher.
- Have a Driving School Teacher Training Certificate, issued by the Ministry of Education.
- Have a Certification of Psychophysical Fitness, issued by the Ministry of Education.
- Have a clean Criminal Record.
The Driving School Teacher Training Certificate is obtained after completing a 40-hour training course, which teaches theoretical and practical vehicle driving classes.
The Psychophysical Fitness Certification can be obtained at any Health Center and is renewed every 5 years.
Once all these requirements are met, you can apply for admission to a driving school as a teacher.
What is the salary of a driving school teacher?
In Spain, the average salary of a driving school teacher is around 1,000 euros per month. This may vary depending on the geographical area, experience and training of the teacher.
To get a more approximate idea of what you could earn, here are some salary data for driving school teachers in Spain:
- A driving school teacher with less than 5 years of experience can earn between 800 and 950 euros per month.
- A driving school teacher with 5-10 years of experience can earn between 950 and 1,200 euros per month.
- A driving school teacher with more than 10 years of experience can earn more than 1,200 euros per month.
In general, driving instructors are expected to earn a higher salary than the national average, as they require a certain amount of specialized knowledge and skills.
How to be a driving school teacher 2022
To be a driving school teacher in 2022 you will need:
- Have a class B driver's license
- Have the Driving School Monitor Professionalism Certificate
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Pass a theoretical-practical exam
Those interested in being a driving school teacher must take a 300-hour training course, of which 150 hours will be in the classroom and 150 hours of internships in the driving school.
The theoretical training will consist of the following modules:
- Module I: Preventive driving
- Module II: Current legislation on driving license
- Module III: Psychology applied to driving
- Module IV: Driving teaching techniques
The practical training will consist of the following modules:
- Module V: Driving in a closed circuit
- Module VI: Driving on public roads
- Module VII: Exam practices
To be a driving school teacher, it is required to have the BTP permit , which is obtained after passing a series of theoretical and practical exams. Likewise, it is necessary to have a minimum Baccalaureate degree and have passed a specific training course . In the case of wanting to give driving classes in vehicles of more than 3,500 kg, the teacher must have the DGT C1 permit .
If you want to know other articles similar to What do you have to do to be a driving school teacher? you can visit the category Article.