What is the role of a nursing assistant?
Nursing assistants are health professionals who collaborate with medical staff in caring for patients. Their job is to help male and female nurses with tasks performed in the nursing area, such as taking samples, administering medications, or cleaning patients.
What are the duties of a nursing assistant?
Nursing assistants perform a variety of tasks to support nurses and patients. Some of its main functions are:
- Prepare patients for exams and procedures
- Help patients bathe and dress
- Make patients feel comfortable and calm
- Respond to patient calls and make nurses aware of patient needs
- Assist nurses with administrative tasks such as document preparation and mail management
- Carry out cleaning tasks to maintain the patient environment in an adequate hygiene standard
Nursing assistants work closely with nurses and other members of the health care team to ensure that patients receive the best possible care.
What is the difference between a nurse and a nursing assistant?
Nurses have a greater responsibility in caring for patients, since they must supervise the work of nursing assistants. Nursing assistants provide basic nursing care to patients, while registered nurses provide advanced nursing care. Nurses are required to have a nursing degree, while nursing assistants do not require a specific degree. Nurses generally have higher pay than nursing assistants.
The nursing assistant is a person who helps nurses to perform their tasks. Their function is to help in the care of patients, in cleaning the rooms and in the preparation of medicines. They can also help doctors with some tasks, such as taking blood samples.
If you want to know other articles similar to What is the role of a nursing assistant? you can visit the category Article.