What to put in the references of a resume
Many people wonder what to put in the references of a resume. References can be a great asset to job applicants, as they can give the employer insight into her past performance. However, please make sure your references are up to date and relevant to the position for which you are applying. Here are some things to keep in mind when including references on your resume.
What should be put in a personal reference?
- Surname and first name of the referrer
- Phones (cellular, landline, etc.)
- Profession or occupation
- Relationship to applicant
The personal reference must include the name and surname of the referrer, as well as their address, telephone numbers and relationship with the applicant. The referent's profession or occupation must also be specified.
What are employment references examples?
There are many examples of employment references, but some of the most common are the following:
- Current or Previous Employer : This is probably the most common employment reference. If you are looking for a new job, you can request that your current employer or a previous employer be one of your job references.
- Work colleague : If you can't or don't want to use your employer as a reference, another employee from the same company may be a good option. Make sure you get this person's permission before adding them to your referral list.
- Project Manager : If you've worked in some type of freelance capacity or if you've had a leadership role on a project, you can ask your project manager to be your reference. This is a good option if you haven't been employed very long or if you don't have many job references.
- Professor : If you have been to university recently or if you are looking for a job in the education sector, you can ask one of your professors to be your employment reference. Make sure that this person is willing to put in a good word for you and that he has a good understanding of your abilities and accomplishments.
- Counselor or Coach : If you have participated in some type of professional development program, such as a mentoring or coaching program, you can ask your counselor or coach to be your employment reference. This is a good option if you don't have a lot of work experience.
When you ask for job references, be sure to give the person a copy of your resume or a list of your accomplishments and skills. This way, they will be better prepared to talk about you and will be able to give more specific and detailed information about you as an employee. You should also give them advance notice that you are calling so they are not surprised when they receive your call.
In general, references should be included on a CV to give more information about a candidate and their achievements. However, it is important to keep the following in mind when including references on a CV:
- Make sure your references are reliable and reputable. - Include references who can speak to your accomplishments and skills. - Make sure your references are willing to talk about you if they are contacted. - Keep an up-to-date reference list.
If you want to know other articles similar to What to put in the references of a resume you can visit the category Article.
Deja una respuesta