You can work as a lifeguard with 16 years
Many people think that to work as a lifeguard you need to have a lifeguard certification , but this is not necessarily true. Although most jobs require applicants to be at least 18 years of age, there are some lifeguard jobs that may be suitable for 16-year-old applicants.
Lifeguard jobs can vary in the responsibilities and tasks they require, but most lifeguards spend the majority of their time watching beachgoers and responding to emergencies . In some cases, lifeguards may also be responsible for running swimming lessons and entertainment activities .
When can you be a lifeguard at 16?
To be a lifeguard you must meet a series of requirements, including being in possession of the Certificate of Professional Aptitude (CAP) . This certificate is granted by the Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality and can be obtained from the age of 16.
To process it, you must follow the following steps:
- Request an appointment in the Civil Registry of your province.
- Submit the required documentation:
- Valid ID or passport
- Official medical certificate specifying that you do not suffer from any disease incompatible with the exercise of the lifeguard function
- Photocopy of the title of Graduate in Compulsory Secondary Education (GESO) or equivalent
- Take the lifeguard training course , which lasts 40 hours. You can take this course at any center authorized by the Ministry of Health.
- Once you have passed the course, you must present the required documentation at the Civil Registry to obtain the certificate.
The certificate of professional aptitude is valid for 4 years , and to renew it you must take the training course again.
What do they ask you to work as a lifeguard?
- To work as a lifeguard it is required:
- Have a good physical condition
- Have a lifeguard certificate
- Have a first aid certification
- Have a driver's license
- First responders must:
- Be willing to work in shifts
- Be willing to work on holidays
- Have a good level of English
How long do you study to be a lifeguard?
To be a lifeguard you need to dedicate a lot of study time, since it is a very important profession. You must be willing to study for a few years, since it is necessary to have a lot of knowledge to be able to practice this profession. It is important to bear in mind that the lifeguard must be in constant training, since knowledge changes over time and it is necessary to be up to date in order to carry out their work in the best possible way.
- To be a lifeguard you need to dedicate a lot of study time, since it is a very important profession.
- You must be willing to study for a few years, since it is necessary to have a lot of knowledge to be able to practice this profession.
- It is important to bear in mind that the lifeguard must be in constant training, since knowledge changes over time and it is necessary to be up to date in order to carry out their work in the best possible way.
Who can be a lifeguard
To be a lifeguard, it is required to have a first aid and CPR training certificate, issued by an authorized institution. In addition, it is necessary to have a physical and mental fitness for the job, since the lifeguard must be in good condition to be able to assist people in need.
To obtain the certificate, a training course must be completed, which lasts approximately 40 hours. First aid and emergency management techniques are taught in this course, along with an introduction to human anatomy and physiology.
Once you have the certificate, it is necessary to take a theoretical and practical exam to obtain the lifeguard license. The theoretical exam consists of a written test on the concepts learned in the course, while the practical exam is a test in which it must be demonstrated that a technique can be performed correctly.
To keep the license valid, it is necessary to take a refresher course every two years, in which the knowledge acquired is reviewed and updated.
Minors can work as lifeguards in Spain as long as they meet a series of requirements. These requirements are: to have a driver's license, to be in possession of a lifeguard certificate, to have a medical certification that proves that they do not suffer from any disease that could be transmitted to bathers and to pass a specific training course.
If you want to know other articles similar to You can work as a lifeguard with 16 years you can visit the category Article.
Deja una respuesta